9 REASONS TO CONSIDER A PROTECTION DOG TEAM THIS WINTER
Winter is almost upon us and as those long, dark nights draw in, it’s typical of this time of year for those who are ‘up to no good’, to become a little more active in their attempts to do so. We therefore thought it would be a good idea to remind ourselves, you and ‘them’, why a Protection Dog Team is such an effective security solution:
- Dogs can smell up to 100,000 times better than humans, they also see and hear better than us – meaning that is very likely that an intruder on a site that maybe missed by a patrolling guard alone, is much more likely to be detected
- The overt presence of a protection canine team has positive effects on anti-social behaviour and crime rates in the areas surrounding a site
- In many cases, this mere presence is enough to convince doers of no-good to move onto ‘softer’ targets
- Most intruders when challenged by a Protection Dog Team will submit without any incident
- Because of a dog’s sensory advantages when compared to humans, they work particularly well when deployed on large perimeter sites such as power generation, manufacturing or construction sites
- Their sensory powers mean that they are able to effectively do the job of several patrolling guards…
- Because of this, they are a great way to increase the strength of a site security posture, while simultaneously reducing overall security spend
- They can work effectively for 6 days per week, at 12 hours in every 24, provided they are allowed an undisturbed rest period of 8 hours in every 24 hours.
- They are not interested in blue-screen technology either – so during that 12 hours of work, they are always ‘on’!
Take another look at our short animated video which we think does a great job in encapsulating all of the above!