Accredited as Investors in People and a Living Wage Champion, we work exclusively with blue chip clients and other ‘risk-averse’ organisations such as critical national infrastructure operators and government agencies.
In line with the continued growth of our business, we have an on-going urgent requirement for Protection Dog Handlers, to support our work across East London, Essex and/or Kent.
GSS has been tasked (on a long-term basis) with providing high visibility protection dog team patrols, in and around the vicinity of our clients premises.
Through our presence, we provide a responsive and effective deterrent and first line support to our client’s security team should any incidents occur.
19.00 to 07.00 seven nights per week
18.30 to 06.30 on weekend days
It is anticipated that successful candidates will be deployed for 60 hours per week.
Pay rate is negotiable depending on experience
We are currently accepting applications for this position on both a self-employed and PAYE basis.
The benefits of working as a General Purpose Dog Handler for a leading specialist security company such as GSS are:
- Applications accepted from both SE and PAYE – though PAYE is preferable.
- 28 days per year annual leave
- Support and training from a dedicated Canine department
- An attractive expenses policy
- Genuine opportunities for career progression
- Personal development plan support from the training department
- Exceptional support from a colleague facing head office team
- Rota’s pre-planned for you months in advance
- Shift management and incident reporting mobile applications
Requirements for this role are:
- You must be customer focused, professional a all dogs need to be fully vaccinated, micro-chipped and fit for work
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle suitable to deploy to BS: 8517 standards
- (Preferred) Valid CSCS Green Card – assistance obtaining this will be offered to suitable PAYE candidates
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and a 5 year check-able work history according to BS: 7858.
- If self-employed you must have liability insurance and UTR, and will also be subject to the BS: 7858 screening
- Application is subject to passing a baseline assessment with our training team.
If interested in this role – please submit your CV for consideration. Or for further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting Ref: GSS:BR1)
For an informal discussion through our recruitment opportunities, please contact 020 3751 8383
GSS (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.