Currently supporting the security operations of the biggest brands in the world, our business is growing fast. Consequently, we have an increased requirement to underpin our field based operations, through high-quality office administration. As such, we are looking to recruit a superstar Resourcing and Scheduling Manager to provide support to the GSS Operations Team.
Holding Investors in People status, a Financial Times FT1000 Fast Growth Business and as a Living Wage Champion employer, we currently have over 180 team members working from offices and client locations across the UK.
We offer specialist security support services and work exclusively with blue-chip organisations who share our values.
Our mission: To identify risk, provide reassurance, keep you safe. Everyone at GSS is passionate about what they do.
Our vision: To be the leading specialist security provider, delivering innovative and exceptional service, recognised as the employer of choice in our sector.
The role involves a specific focus on supporting the work of our Operations Department and you will work collaboratively to support our resourcing efforts with efficient and effective scheduling and planning, so you can achieve your objectives in an effective, efficient and enjoyable manner.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in planning resource allocation and scheduling. You may have experience from a different sector other than specialist security but you’ll have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritise your daily and weekly tasks in an organised fashion.
The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our company.
Duties of the role include:
- Develop client site rotas and allocate employees to different duties and/or shifts
- Prepare and submit weekly resource planning reports
- Manage annual leave requests from employees, ensuring that all shifts and positions are filled with appropriately skilled and general work time-keeping (scheduling)
- Work with our Accounts Dept. to ensure payroll accuracy
- Work closely with our Senior Management Team to fill any existing recruitment vacancies
- Supporting our Out of Hours Operations function
- Providing relief cover to our Administration and Resourcing Managers. (full training will be given)
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be super organised, self-motivated, self-disciplined and a persuasive communicator, influencer and negotiator: so you’ll need to possess the following skills:
- Experience utilising ‘Timegate’ scheduling system is highly advantageous but not essential
- Great interpersonal skills – with the ability to positively influence
- Resourcefulness and a high-level of organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The desire and flexibility to make a real difference in a small company, and to have some fun along the way!
- A positive outlook, not take yourself too seriously and a great sense of humour.
- Able to work as part of a close-knit team and at times, with minimal direct supervision