UNIQUE EXPLOSIVES DETECTION DOG HANDLER OPPORTUNITY
Currently supporting some of the most high profile companies in the world, Global Support Services UK is enjoying a sustained period of growth, as such we would like to hear from the UK’s most talented, energetic and confident Explosives Detection Dog Handler to join our fast growing team.
This is an exciting and dynamic role with one of Europe’s fastest-growing private security companies. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service and delivering our prestigious blue chip client base with service excellence.
Holding Investors in People, a Financial Times FT1000 Fast Growth Business and as a Living Wage Champion employer, we currently have over 180 team members across the UK.
Our mission: To identify risk, provide reassurance, keep you safe. Everyone at GSS is passionate about what they do.
Our vision: To be the leading specialist security provider, delivering innovative and exceptional service, recognised as the employer of choice in our sector.
This is a truly unique opportunity, operating within a high-profile corporate environment. You will be tasked with planned assignments and supporting events across our client’s corporate estate, primarily within Central London. Duties consist of both building and bag searches plus high-visibility public re-assurance patrols, to build affinity with our clients’ staff and visitors.
It is a requirement of this assignment to have your own dog, who must be highly socialised and comfortable working in areas of high public circulation. Travel between sites will primarily be through the use of public transport (within Central London Zone 1). GSS will also provide you with a second dog that has been trained specifically for deployment at our clients’ premises.
The Essential Criteria:
This role involves significant engagement and interaction with members of our clients staff and visitors to their premises. On this basis:
- You must be presentable, articulate, engaging, confident and flexible in your approach with a consistently positive attitude
- Your dog(s) must be well socialised and very comfortable working in areas of high-public circulation
- You must have a reliable and suitable vehicle also compliant to BS:8517-2
- You must be in possession of a minimum HABC Level 4 Certificate – Explosive Detection Dog Handler (or equivalent) including team-up certificate
- You must submit to screening to BS:7858 Code of Practice for Security Screening of Personnel Employed in a Security Environment
- Successful applicants will be subject to an assessment by us and a trial shift(s) at our clients premises
- You must hold a valid SIA licence
- Exceptional rates of pay
- Extensive welfare is provided
- Paid continuation training (training and attendance)
- Paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Genuine opportunities for career progression
- Access to company pension and private healthcare scheme (subsidised)
- Exceptional support from a colleague facing Head Office Team
How to apply and application process:
Please send your up to date CV and a cover letter explaining a little about yourself, including why you think you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org – quoting GSS-WJG.
Following initial screening you will be contacted by our Head Office Team to complete our Pre-qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) over the telephone.
Upon successful completion of the PQQ, you will be invited for an interview at our client’s offices in London during which we will also complete a short theory based competency assessment.
Successful candidates will then be invited to spend some time with our teams onsite for observations before a conditional (based on successful completion of BS:7858 is completed) offer is made.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th March 2020
Interviews will take place in Central London on Weds 25th and Thurs 26th March 2020