Accredited as Investors in People and a Living Wage Champion, we work exclusively with blue chip clients and other ‘risk-averse’ organisations such as critical national infrastructure operators and government agencies.
In line with the continued growth of our business, we have an on-going requirement for Protection Dog Handlers, to support our work at a client site in Stratford, East London.
GSS has been tasked (on a long-term basis) with providing high visibility protection dog team patrols, in and around the vicinity of our clients site.
Through our presence, we provide a responsive and effective deterrent and first line support to our client’s security team should any incidents occur.
Full welfare facilities are provided, which includes a paid one-hour lunch break
Shifts timing are:
18:30 to 06:30 nights
18.30 to 06.30 on weekend days
It is anticipated that successful candidates will be deployed for a minimum 60 hours per week.
Pay rate is £11.50 per hour.
The benefits of working as a General Purpose Dog Handler for a leading specialist security company such as GSS are:
- Applications accepted from both SE and PAYE
- 28 days per year annual leave
- Support and training from a dedicated Canine department
- An attractive expenses policy
- Genuine opportunities for career progression
- Personal development plan support from the training department
- Exceptional support from a colleague facing head office team
- Rota’s pre-planned for you months in advance
- Shift management and incident reporting mobile applications
Requirements for this role are:
- You must be customer focused, professional a all dogs need to be fully vaccinated, micro-chipped and fit for work
- Valid driving licence and own vehicle suitable to deploy to BS: 8517 standards
- Green CSCS Card is a requirement but successful candidates will be refunded for this upon completion on 3 months work
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and a 5 year check-able work history according to BS: 7858.
- If self-employed you must have liability insurance and UTR, and will also be subject to the BS: 7858 screening
If interested in this role – please submit your CV for consideration. Or for further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting Ref: GSS:BR1)
For an informal discussion through our recruitment opportunities, please contact 020 3751 8383
GSS (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.