A really exciting opportunity for professional security dog handlers looking for a new, challenging and rewarding role. We’re looking for professional, energetic and confident individuals to join our team in support of this new long term contract in central London.
About Global Support Services (UK) Ltd
For ten years now, we’ve grown our specialist canine operations consistently and sustainably, through developing long-term, meaningful relationships with our prestigious, valued clients.
Our senior management team is predominantly ex-uniformed services and as such, we add significant value when tasked with the protection of corporate environments, areas of high public circulation or mass spectator events.
We usually partner with our valued clients on a long term contract basis, which involves our specialist dog units, operating as a component part of an overall strategic security posture.
- Working permanent nights (19:00 to 07:00), this is a dynamic and active role, that includes a significant volume and variety of patrolling to detect and deter criminal or anti-social behaviour
- Regular collaboration with other public service professionals such as local business, community groups, charities, social workers and the emergency services
- Homelessness is a key priority within our clients boundaries so you are expected to be supportive, respectful and sympathetic in your engagement with the homeless you encounter
- This role is supported by both our office based operational support team, control room and field based team including dedicated contract supervisors
- Company issued electric patrol vehicle
- Vehicle can be taken home and used for your commute which will significantly reduce commuting expense
- 20 days annual holiday (+bank holidays)
- Fully funded (including pay to attend) ongoing dog handler continuation training programme
- Professional development appraisal programme
- Funded annual assessment and re-certification
- Comprehensive employee benefits package including significant discounts on learning, wellbeing, home productivity and entertainment products and services
- Company pension scheme
- Access to paid overtime
- Access to free medical advice and mental health support
- Mentoring from highly experienced ex-uniformed services Canine and Operations Team
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- A demonstrable track record of security experience or customer-focused roles in areas of high public circulation
- Minimum NASDU Level 2 Accreditation inc. Team Up Certificate
- Your dog should be social and suitable for working in the public domain
- Assessed as having full adherence/understanding of BS:8517-1
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and a 5 year check-able work history according to BS: 7858
- Physically fit and mentally agile, with a positive and enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- Have the ability to communicate fluently to a diverse variety of people
- The role includes an electric patrol vehicle. You must have the ability to park the vehicle at home and access to charging
- Due to the above, we will only progress applications from candidates that live within a 40 mile radius of Central London
Please click the apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org quote reference ‘NWEC001’ and enclose a CV and cover letter in support of your application