Already supporting the biggest brands in the world, Global Support Services UK is enjoying a sustained period of growth, as such, we would like to hear from the UK’s most talented Explosives Detection Dog Handler to join our fast-growing team.
This is an exciting and dynamic role at one of Europe’s fastest-growing private security companies. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service and delivering our prestigious blue-chip client base with service excellence.
Reporting to the GSS Operations Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the seamless provision of Explosive Detection Dog search at our client’s prestigious, high-profile site in the West End of London.
GSS is one of Europe’s fastest-growing and ambitious small businesses, and we’ve set our sights on becoming the leading provider of specialist security services here in the UK, becoming an employer of choice in our industry along the way.
Our vision is to inspire our partners and staff by passionately raising industry standards through the delivery of dependable and sustainable, specialist security services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This role is available full time (Wednesday to Sunday), or can be based on a week on, week off rotation. Duties consist of both building and bag searches, coupled with high-visibility public re-assurance patrols to build affinity with our client’s customers and visitors.
It is imperative that your dog(s) are highly socialised and are comfortable working in areas of high public circulation as you will be operating in a theatre environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You must be presentable, articulate, engaging, confident and flexible
- You shall be BS8517-2 compliant
- Your dog(s) must be well socialised and very comfortable working in areas of high-public circulation
- You must have a reliable and suitable vehicle also compliant to BS:8517-2
- You must be in possession of a minimum HABC Level 4 Certificate – Explosive Detection Dog Handler (or equivalent)
- You must have a valid SIA License
- You must submit to screening to BS:7858 Code of Practice for Security Screening of Personnel Employed in a Security Environment
- Successful applicants will be subject to baseline assessment by our Training Team and a trial shift(s) and vehicle inspection at our clients premises.
- Great rates of pay
- 5.6 weeks holiday (pro rata, including bank holiday) and pension
- Genuine opportunities for career progression
- Exceptional support from a colleague facing Head Office team