WE’RE READY FOR OUR SUPERSTAR…
Global Support Services (GSS) is one of Europe’s fastest-growing small businesses, and we’ve set our sights on becoming the leading provider of specialist security services here in the UK, becoming an employer of choice in our industry along the way. Our vision is to inspire our partners and staff by passionately raising industry standards through the delivery of dependable and sustainable, specialist security services.
No one is a bystander at GSS and so from your first day with us, you’ll be making a valuable contribution. We offer you the opportunity to delight our many prestigious customers while gaining meaningful experience in managing the resources within our business that are critical to ensuring we deliver on our objective of becoming both a supplier and employer of choice within our sector.
About Global Support Services (UK) Ltd:
GSS is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We have a team full of people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check! We also appreciate a good sense of humour.
We’re very customer-centric in our approach to business, which has served to give us a pragmatic approach to service delivery, one that has served us well since 2010.
About the Role:
Salary: £25k per year (pro-rata)
Hours: Part-time – 24 hours per week (10:00-22:00) – Saturday and Sunday
While we are well-positioned to help shape our industry through passionately raising standards, our continued success depends on our ability to delight our clients.
As such, a really exciting opportunity for an Operations Assistant has arisen within our business. To succeed in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, have an eye for detail and be persuasive in your communication. It is preferred that you have experience in the security or soft services FM marketplace and are comfortable working closely and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Scheduling of resources to all core contracts and temporary work assignments
- Ensuring all field-based staff are fully briefed and checked on from a welfare perspective
- Fielding incoming enquiries (phone and email) and completing compliance checks
- Supporting our recruitment function through the completion of pre-qualification questionnaires
How we will help you to succeed:
During your first few weeks with us, you will work closely with members of our senior management team to get a clear understanding of our client portfolio and our company procedures and systems.
Your induction will include existing client contract familiarisation, spending time with the GSS head office team that will support you, and of course meeting (virtually) some of the field-based team members and partners (including those with four legs!) who are working on the contracts you will be supporting.
We’ll be excited if you are/have:
- A track record of resource planning, ideally with experience in at least one of the following sectors: security guarding, security dog handling, soft FM services, uniformed services
- Comfortable managing a revolving portfolio of tasks across multiple disciplines, contracts and locations
- An inextinguishable passion for raising standards
- Strong communication skills including an aptitude for report writing and an eye for detail
- The right to work in the UK, and a 5-year checkable work history
What we will give you:
- Home-based/flexible working
- Competitive pay based on the work you do for us and not your previous salary
- Pro-rata 28 days annual holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Professional development appraisal programme
- Company pension scheme
- Mentoring from our senior management team
- Genuine career progression opportunities
We will be accepting applications for this role until 30th April 2022. Please click below to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org quote reference ‘GSSOA01’ you must enclose both a CV and cover letter in support of your application.
GSS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status or any other category protected by law.