Do you have a passion for public safety, customer engagement and working with dogs?
Are you looking for a change of career?
Do you live within 40 miles of Central London?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, we have a unique opportunity for professional, energetic and confident individuals to join our team as a qualified security dog handler in support of a long-term contract in central London.
In return, we will provide you with a fully-funded training course that once successfully completed, will see you fulfilling a long-term role, working 42-60 hours per week in Central London, with the necessary continuing professional development, a range of employee benefits and a fully equipped electric vehicle also provided.
About Global Support Services (UK) Ltd
GSS is one of Europe’s fastest-growing small businesses, and we’ve set our sights on becoming the leading provider of specialist security services here in the UK, becoming an employer of choice in our industry along the way. Our vision is to inspire our partners and staff by passionately raising industry standards through the delivery of dependable and sustainable, specialist security services.
GSS is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We have a team full of people who are great at their jobs, who are both highly professional and easy to work with.
- Fully funded seven-day training Course – NASDU Level 2 Award for General Purpose Security
- 50% SIA Licence contribution
- An electric patrol vehicle
- Significantly reduced commuting expense
- 20 days annual holiday (+bank holidays)
- Fully funded (inc pay to attend) ongoing monthly dog handler continuation training
- Funded annual assessment and re-certification
- Company pension scheme
- Access to paid overtime
- Working closely with GSS Specialist Services and National Operations Directors
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- This is a dynamic and active role, that includes a significant volume and variety of patrolling to detect and deter criminal or anti-social behaviour.
- Regular collaboration with other public service professionals such as local businesses, community groups, charities, social workers and the emergency services.
- Homelessness is a key priority within our client’s boundaries so supportive, respectful and sympathetic engagement with the homeless you encounter is a mandatory
- This role is supported by both our office-based operational support team, control room and field-based team including dedicated contract supervisors.
- Able to evidence the following skills: excellent communication (written and verbal), problem-solving, decision making
- You must be willing to partake in a dog handling taster/suitability session
- You must be willing to attend and successfully complete a seven-day NASDU Level 2 General Purpose Security Dog course
- You must have or have the ability to obtain an SIA Licence
- You must provide your own suitable working dog (suitability will be assessed and assistance with sourcing can be provided)
- You must have suitable accommodation to house a dog (A home visit will take place prior to starting the course)
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and a 5-year check-able work history in accordance with BS:7858
- Physically fit and mentally agile, with a positive and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- The role includes an electric patrol vehicle. You must have the ability to park and charge the vehicle at home. Additionally, access to vehicle charging will be provided while at work
- Due to the above, we will only progress applications from trainees that live within a 40-mile radius of Central London
We will be accepting applications for this role until 31st July 2022. Please click below to apply.
GSS is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status or any other category protected by law.